PDA

View Full Version : Strobe Lights


ForbiddenDonut
10-21-2005, 09:10 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to make any sort of strobe light as they are very common in the halloween season (darkrides, mazes). I know it isn't possible to make animation custom scenery so i was thinking of maybe a firework show or another option...i would be very pleased if there happens to be a way as they are perfect for areas you wanna confuse riders and set them into a state of shock.

WoddenWarior
10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
If you place a lot of generic lamps together, they flash. Ugly, but effective if you can hide them well!

Zeppelin
10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by WoddenWarior
If you place a lot of generic lamps together, they flash. Ugly, but effective if you can hide them well!

tried this once....not to get the flash, just to see how much lag the lights actually caused, and to my surpise they don't cause too much lag....only 5 fps below normal....that is until you get a lot of scenery around them, then it's laggy.

KoasterKid23
10-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Zeppelin
tried this once....not to get the flash, just to see how much lag the lights actually caused, and to my surpise they don't cause too much lag....only 5 fps below normal....that is until you get a lot of scenery around them, then it's laggy.
5 fps would put me down to zero! lmao! :p :up:

WoddenWarior
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by KoasterKid23
5 fps would put me down to zero! lmao! :p :up:

LOL! That's just sad.

camandjack
10-22-2005, 09:53 AM
I'd suggest using the advanved laser editor to make it. I made some spotlights for a park I've been toying with and it seems to work.

ForbiddenDonut
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by camandjack
I'd suggest using the advanved laser editor to make it. I made some spotlights for a park I've been toying with and it seems to work.

i'm horrible at ALE......i tried the generic light thing....seem to work a little bit...not exactly but it's ok

hyperwaves
07-29-2007, 01:13 PM
How many generic lights do you need around??? :turning:

athens908
08-20-2007, 02:46 PM
use the black lights from jcats screamworx you can hide them easily because they blend in with the terrain

place many together and the flash but it will lag your comp so if you are making a haunted hosue i suggest you cover that room with 2 layers of walls